Blooming Where Planted

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Grown-Up Baby

Well, I was supposed to leave for a business trip on Monday for the entire week in San Diego. However, I cancelled that trip and attended my Grandfather's funeral on Tuesday. I am very glad that I ended up going. He was my first grandparent to pass away and it was much harder on me than I thought it would be. My cousin did a great job on the eulogy and my other cousin put together the slide show. We then left on Tuesday evening and drove back in the snow.

Which brings me to yesterday--we were snowed in--again. This time it really was more ice than lots of snow with some wind by the evening. My husband had the day off and we watched movies, baked, and got our Holiday party invitations printed.

Which brings me to today--I'm sick. 6am it hit, and well, I am finally now able to sit up and drink water (will be considering saltines). Now really if I had to pick a week to be sick, this was the week. I've had the privilege to work from home this week and just keep up on my emails and phone messages. But seriously, I was hoping to do some Christmas shopping, decorating, and visit with my friends -- so much for that (at least today!) . I just don't handle pain at all anymore. Really, I could consider myself a grown baby :)~~.

So today I will be laying here on the couch, watching movies, and enjoying the fact that my beagle is snuggled up to me keeping me warm! And now its time to lay down and rest...

Labels:

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home