Blooming Where Planted

Monday, October 16, 2006

Feast or Famine

Wow! It has been too long since I've posted -- so much for my "once a week". I've decided that it will be feast or famine for me when it comes to blogging. I tend to do more when traveling and by myself(and when I'm not tired!). It has been busy here! I've been adjusting to a new work schedule with much more travel, and we're gearing up for a huge Adoption&Foster Care Rally in about 3wks that will be with all of the Adoption Agencies here in the city.

I've, for the first time, hit true exhaustion with my job. I'm still loving it to no end, but I am realizing that there are certain seasons that this job will be taxing and pull me to the limits. I also was starting to feel guilty that I wasn't "compassionate" enough for our clients because I wouldn't just sit and listen to everything that's going on with them. Then I realized that there is nothing wrong! I am amazed that I've been blessed with the "ability" to be so objective on this job. Yes I have compassion, but I'm also able to maintain my boundaries. So many times I see people who aren't able to do this and get burnt. I still encourage them, but I am always providing an option to their complaint or dilemma.

I've got a great group of clients right now that are learning in the 10wk class and are eager for their Mentor Families. I've got a whole new slew of home visits and assessments that will need to be done before the end of the month and then I will put a hold on our referral lists until the First of the New Year. I will be spending a week in San Diego to get more training through Aha!Process and then I will finish a few other engagements and get ready for the holidays.

Once I'm able to get the pics to upload, I will post pics of my "home away from home" too.

Labels:

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home