Blooming Where Planted

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Maternity Leave Countdown

Can it be true? Am I really training the Interim to handle my projects for the next 6 months? I can't believe it! By the end of the month, she will be completely trained, and then I will shadow her for two weeks as she carries functions out on her own; then I will be home free until sometime in January or later.

For me this has been a very emotional time. I am definitely getting more and more ready each day for our daughter to arrive, and seems that's all I can think about most days. But then I have my days where for the first time, I actually feel sad that I don't have the 'creative' energy and passion for my job as I did and that I'll be giving up a portion of myself when I leave the office. Not that I can't ever come back to it or do it again somewhere else, but it's just hard to have to let go.

So, enough processing for one day. :) It's time for some Bugles!

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home